Create your very own 60-second Thirst video trailer to be in with a chance of winning a fantastic goodie bag packed with over £100 worth of prizes
To celebrate the release of Thirst –book eight in the amazing Last Vampire series – we're offering you the chance to create the Official UK Video Trailer for Thirst!
Create your very own 60-second Thirst video trailer to be in with a chance of winning a fantastic goodie bag packed with over £100 worth of goodies and for your handy work to be used as our official trailer!
The winning trailer will appear on www.bookswithbite.co.uk, our facebook page and will be used as part of our marketing campaign for the release of the brand new book!
As if that wasn’t enough, the creator of the best trailer and five runners-up will also receive a veritable cornucopia of amazing Vampire goodies (including a full set of Last Vampire books, Vampire Diaries Season 1 DVD box set, Vampire Diaries Official Soundtrack, AND a limited edition Vampire Diaries T-shirt all worth over £100!)
In Thirst, 5,000 year old vampire Alisa Perne has always outsmarted all her adversaries. But now that she's trapped in a new body, she's far from her best. With the immortal race, the Telar, threatening to release a virus to decimate humanity, time is fast running out. Alisa will have to turn to humans to help destroy the enemy.
There are no rules as to what has to be in the trailer other than the trailer must contain the Thirst book jacket and the title of the book. The trailer may be shorter than 60 seconds but no longer than 60 seconds, and it must not use any material which is defamatory, obscene or in any way offensive or unlawful- so keep it clean! Nor must it include material in which other people own the copyright or include others’ brand names or trade marks. Click here to find out more about Thirst and to get inspired!
All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning is create a unique video trailer for the UK edition of Thirst and upload it to Youtube! Once you’ve uploaded your trailer email a link of the video to
, along with your name and contact details. Your trailer will then be reviewed by our panel of discerning judges and if we like it we'll favourite it on our Bookswithbiteuk Youtube channel for others to see, before we pick our winners!
Closing Date: 30th June 2011
Please note: This competition is only open to residents of the UK and Ireland aged 13+ at the time of entering. And if you are younger than 16 years of age, you must get the permission of a parent or guardian to enter the competition.
You can only submit your trailer by providing us with the link to where we can find it on the internet . Do not attempt to send your trailer to us as an email attachment
Please make sure you’ve carefully read and fully understand the competition Terms and Conditions below
Terms and Conditions
Please read the following Terms and Conditions carefully. They might be boring but they'll answer all of your questions....
- This is competition for the best trailer for Thirst by Christopher Pike (the Book), published by Hodder Children's Books.
- Entrants must make a trailer for the Book and send us a link to where we can find the trailer on the Internet, via email to
. No other form of entry to the competition will be accepted. If videos are attached to emails sent to us they will be blocked and/or deleted immediately.
- The trailer must be no more than sixty seconds long and must comprise your own original work. It must not use any material which is defamatory, obscene or in any way offensive or unlawful. Nor must it include material in which other people own the copyright or include others’ brand names or trade marks.
- The winner will be selected by employees of Bookswithbite.co.uk (The Judges) from the entries received in accordance with Paragraph 2 and 3.
- The winner’s trailer will be posted on the Books with Bite website, www.facebook.com/bookswithbite, Bookswithbite You tube channel and other unspecified locations for marketing purposes
- The winner and five runners up (also to be selected by the Judges from the entries) will receive a a full set of Last Vampire books, Vampire Diaries Season 1 DVD box set, Vampire Diaries Official Soundtrack, and a limited edition Vampire Diaries T-shirt
- The Judges’ decision is final.
- The prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- The competition opens at 12 noon GMT on 8 June 2011 and closes at 12 noon GMT on 30 June 2011 (the Closing Date). Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
- Entries must be received on or before the Closing Date.
- The competition is open to all residents in the UK and Ireland aged 13 or over except employees of Hachette Children's Books, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families.
- If you are younger than 16 years of age, you must have consent from your parent or guardian before entering the competition.
- Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
- Hachette Children's Books is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
- The Promoter is Hodder Children's Books. Hodder Children's Books is an imprint of Hachette Children's Books, 338 Euston Road, London, NW1 3BH
- The Promoter reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the competition without notice.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize although every effort will be made to provide prizes of similar quality and value.
- Winners will be notified by email within 4 weeks of the closing date – and will be asked to supply full postal address in order to receive their prize.
- Your email address will not be shared with other companies.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.